United Way of Greater Union County’s Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) was created to be a network of women, dedicated to making a difference in the community. Our United Way’s /WLC mission is to highlight and celebrate the power of women, to bring about positive change through philanthropy and service, and to mentor young women about the importance of community involvement. It specifically supports initiatives concerning women and children in Union County, North & South Plainfield.
Women's Leadership Council Objective:
1. To reinforce the mission of United Way by inspiring, educating and encouraging women to effect change in their community through philanthropy and leadership.
2. To foster participation, commitment and growth of philanthropic-focused women in furthering United Way’s mission of building a community by helping people care for one another.
3. To develop a strategic approach to delivering measurable results in three key areas: education, financial stability and health—the basic building blocks for a good life.
4. To plan and implement WLC initiatives, events, and philanthropic activities.
5. To identify and retain giving levels, and recruit new women leadership donors to achieve membership goals.
For more information about WLC, or to get involved, please email email@example.com.