Building Successful Communities With Successful Families
“Family Strengthening” ensures that everyone in Greater Union County has the necessary opportunities, relationships and networks to support the success of their family. We focus on Family Strengthening by advancing Education, Income and Health throughout one’s journey from Birth to Adulthood.
The Union County Family Strengthening Network (UCFSN) is a unique public–private partnership between United Way of Greater Union County, businesses, government, schools, faith-based and non-profit organizations, and foundations. The Union County Family Strengthening Network (UCFSN) partners work to break down barriers for families, and create opportunities to ensure that every child succeeds every step of the way from birth to adulthood.
Designed to maximize and leverage all available resources within the County, the Union County Family Strengthening Network consists of Anchor Partners and Network Partners.
An anchor partner has deep roots in its community. An anchor partner is a multi-service organization providing critical services associated with supporting families and children along the continuum of care from birth to adulthood.
• Jefferson Park Ministries (Elizabeth)
• Communities in Cooperation (Linden, Rahway)
• Prevention Links (Roselle)
• Proceed, Inc. (Elizabeth, Union)
• Elizabeth Presbyterian Center (Elizabeth)
• Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless (Elizabeth)
• Homefirst (Plainfield)
• Plainfield Board of Education-Family Success Center (Plainfield)
• The Connection for Women and Families (Summit)
• Urban League of Union County (Elizabeth)
• YMCA-EUC (Hillside)
• The Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern NJ