Good health improves a child’s opportunity to learn, increases an adult’s productivity at work, and enhances the quality of life for the elderly.
Fact: It is estimated that 22.4% of Union County's population is either uninsured or underinsured.
We support initiatives that help Union County’s most vulnerable residents achieve and maintain good health, such as:
- The Nurse-Family Partnership, an evidence-based, community health home visitation program that helps transform the lives of vulnerable mothers pregnant with their first children. Each mother enrolled is partnered with a registered nurse, who delivers the support first-time moms need to have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life.
- Healthy Plainfield, a collaborative team of cross-sectoral organizations, community leaders, groups, residents, and other stakeholders dedicated to building a sustainable culture of health in the City of Plainfield
- The Cerebral Palsy League which provides services to individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities to allow them to remain in their home
- With Jewish Family Services of Central NJ, we contract licensed clinicians to provide therapeutic interventions to clients through individual, family and/or group therapy
Families Served in 2020:
- Family Health provide to 92 families
- Mental Health services given to 188 families
- Nursing services provided to 80 families
Healthy Community initiatives
Helping Plainfield residents enhance their quality of life