We recognizes that education is a cornerstone for success in school, work, and life.
High school graduates have higher earning potential, contribute more to their local economies, are more engaged in their communities, and are more likely to raise children who also graduate on time. We provide tutoring services to children and assisting parents with accessing online learning.
We also recognize that preparing youth to enter the workforce is an equally important role, and manage programs dedicated to giving youth this instructive experience. We provide:
- Training and program assessment for registered family childcare providers to enable them to provide enhanced services.
- Early Education Services are made possible for low-income children at a number of different day care centers
- Vocational counselors to provide vocational training, mental health, and placement services for people with disabilities
- The NJ Youth Corps program dedicated to engaging young adults (ages 16-25) in full-time community service, training, and educational activities.
Families served in 2020:
- Pre-School provide to 518 children
- Vocational Training provided to 125 youth
22% of the children in Union County, ages 3-5, are not enrolled in nursery school, preschool or kindergarten¹.