Help UWGUC Stuff the Bus and help kids be prepared for school
The Annual School Supply drive ends August 19
ELIZABETH, N.J. - Students are headed back to class in a few short weeks!
But for many poverty-level families struggling to afford the basics, school supplies can be a financial hardship.
The United Way of Greater Union County’s annual Stuff the Bus drive is underway, and you can help provide the backpacks and supplies, including crayons, composition books, pencil sharpeners, etc.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate items through Amazon
- Donate funds
- $250- supplies for five children
- $150- supplies for three children
- $50- supplies for one child
- Organize a drive and ask family, friends and neighbors to donate
- Become a sponsor which will help provide supplies for dozens of children and includes website recognition, social media promotion and/or recognition in the digital newsletter.
UWGUC has pledged to provide 300 brand new backpacks this year.
Children living in Union County, North Plainfield and South Plainfield will benefit from the school supply drive. In these communities, there are increased rates of poverty, unemployment and poor housing compared to the rest of Union County.
UWGUC’s Stuff the Bus campaign ends Aug. 19.