What is the Healthy Plainfield Coalition?
The Healthy Plainfield Coalition is a collaborative team of cross-sectoral organizations, community leaders, groups, residents, and other stakeholders dedicated to building a sustainable culture of health in the City of Plainfield.
The Healthy Plainfield Coalition envisions the City of Plainfield as a cohesive community where everyone has access to health & education resources and is an environment that promotes a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, the Coalition is a committee to promote a culture of health as we work together to eliminate behavioral, environmental, mental and physical barriers needed to build a Healthy Plainfield.
The primary goals of the Healthy Plainfield Team are as follows:
- Improve access to health services by reducing barriers
- Improve educational outcomes
- Improve health literacy
- Improve communication to reach community at large
- Reduce environmental factors that contribute to poor health outcomes
Benefits of joining the Coalition
A coalition can be an effective and efficient way of achieving a coordinated approach. Coalitions provide a helpful forum for organizations to stay engaged and informed about the scope of practice issues that affect the health and well-being of a community. Some of the advantages include:
- Strength in numbers
- Increased credibility
- Professional networking opportunities
- Increased knowledge sharing
- Expanded media reach
- Larger sphere of Influence